The LOCLINE® Frame System is GBV’s number one key feature. It is a revolutionary method of using extruded aluminium dies and rigs for the framework of all GBV buses.
We build our bus bodies using bolted gusseted joints, whereas in traditional steel buses, joints are welded. This makes GBV buses far more superior in terms of safety and reliability; as there is no risk of welded joints fracturing and failing due to continuous vibration and stresses caused by dynamic loading.
LOCLINE® has been put through 15 years’ worth of the roughest and toughest testing at GBV; and it hasn’t budged one iota.
- Safety: Heightened passenger safety in key impact zones.
- Durability: Far more resistant to corrosion and requires no protective coating.
- Lightweight: Allows for greater maneuverability and higher fuel-efficiency.
- Performance: Longer working life with less downtime reduces operator’s need for spare vehicles.
- Simplicity: Fewer components allow quick assembly and easy maintenance.
- Eco-Friendly: Aluminium is easily recycled.
Vehicle Management System (VMS)
Over the last 20 years, we have developed our own in-house VMS for our Hybrid and Electric buses.
This allows us to quickly integrate the latest technologies available and ensure we control them to get the maximum possible performance. Being an independent VMS means we are not tied into any particular manufacturer so we can choose the best of the best from all manufacturers to provide a superior total solution.